Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables…now. I didn’t have much experience with asparagus until I was well into my twenties. Nowadays, I am guaranteed to serve it at least once a week. Here’s an easy way to make it:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Cut at least an inch off the bottom of the bunch of asparagus. I don’t usually follow any of those rules about how and where to trim asparagus. If it’s thin, I just cut the bottoms. If it’s thick, I like to cut the stalks vertically down the middle.
Arrange stalks in a single layer on a baking pan or half sheet pan. Drizzle olive oil over the asparagus and toss to evenly coat each stalk. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
Bake for no more than 8 minutes or until tender crisp.
- 1 bunch of asparagus (10-15 stalks)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Arrange stalks in a single layer on a baking pan or half sheet pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss to evenly coat each stalk.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until tender crisp.