I don’t know about you, but Babe and I love our crustaceans. Back in the day, seafood was a luxury. Remember when your parents told you they were taking the family to Red Lobster? Talk about a big deal! There’s something about shrimp that always makes me think of special occasions. It can be fancy, but it’s so quick and easy to make. This shrimp scampi recipe can go from everyday to upscale with little to no effort.
Heat a pan to medium heat. Add olive oil and butter. Add minced garlic. Cook garlic for about two minutes. Then, add the shrimp. Cook the shrimp for about five minutes, moving them constantly. Add wine, lemon juice and herbs, and cook for another two minutes. The shrimp is done as soon as it is opaque. Be sure not to over cook it.
Shrimp Scampi can be served alone or over a delicate pasta, like angel hair.
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 whole lemon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- salt and black pepper
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Heat pan to medium heat. Add olive oil and butter.
- Add minced garlic. Cook garlic for about two minutes.
- Add shrimp. Cook the shrimp for about 4-5 minutes, moving them constantly.
- Add wine, lemon juice and herbs. Cook for another two minutes.
- Shrimp is done as soon as it is opaque. Be sure not to overcook it.