Garlic makes almost everything taste good. And these green beans are no exception. If you want your green beans to turn out perfect every time, the trick is to blanch them. Blanching means to cook the green beans in boiling water for a 2-3 minutes, then immediately plunge them in ice cold water. This stops the cooking process in its tracks. It also helps the beans maintain their vibrant green color.
Once you’ve stopped the green beans from cooking, you can do whatever you’d like with them. They can be used for cold salad dishes or saved to be sauteed in garlic like these.
- 1 pound haricot vert (french green beans)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook green beans in boiling water for 2-3 minutes
- Immediately plunge them in ice water.
- Toss blanched green beans in olive oil and minced garlic.
- Saute until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper.