This is going to be an dream weekend for me. For starters, it’s the first weekend in a long time that I don’t have a birthday party, community event, meeting or other obligation. It’s also Super Bowl weekend. Babe will be home for us to hang out, eat junk, and I can unapologetically drink pretentious craft beer without getting the side-eye. And D’Angelo is performing on SNL for the first time on Saturday. In case you’ve been under a rock, he released a new album last month. I have been playing it like crazy for a while now. It’s not an easy listen, at first. But, it does not disappoint. Here are a few other things I have been checking out:
- In anticipation of Super Bowl XLIX, Food52 put together a more sophisticated take on the traditional game day menu. Check it out here.
- I’m a firm believer that sending an email could never take the place of penning a good old-fashioned letter. Fast Company tells us how Bond wants to give us the best of both worlds.
- For all of my neophytes of vino, here’s a cute little guide to help you get started. Step away from the Moscato and expand your horizons.
- I’m always impressed by the creative ways people make use of small spaces, especially in a kitchen. I never have counter space, which makes these works of art beyond genius in my eyes.
- Babe has a sweet tooth. And the rule in our house is: You can eat it if you can prove a human being prepared it with two hands. That’s how we avoid processed food, especially desserts. I’m a much better cook than baker so I’m always on the lookout for delectable confections. This one certainly grabbed my attention.