Cornbread is the perfect accompaniment to so many things. Chili, Roasts, Baked Chicken, Beef Stew. It automatically turns any meal into comfort food. I love Jiffy like everyone else, so I won’t judge you if you choose not to make cornbread from scratch. But in case you’re up to the task, here’s how I make it:
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, buttermilk, melted butter and salt.
Pour the mixture into a cake pan that has been rubbed with softened butter and dusted with with flour.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when you stick it in the center. Finish off the top with a pat of melted butter and serve!
Old Fashioned Honey Butter Cornbread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prep a 9" cake pan by rubbing it with softened butter and dusting it with with flour.
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, eggs, baking powder, sugar, milk, buttermilk, honey, melted butter and salt.
- Pour mixture into the cake pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Finish with melted butter and drizzle with honey.
Living Remixed https://livingremixed.com/